The murderer who was protected by the whole village for 11 years被全村保护了11年的杀人犯
The murderer who was protected by the whole village for 11 years
"Which bastard reported it, I'm going to kill his whole family." Zhou Xin suddenly stood up with a knife in his hand. I hurriedly grabbed the chair to defend myself, but he slammed the knife on the cutting board, and the cutting board broke into two pieces. .
Zhou Xin's grandmother rushed over to hand in the knife, shedding tears and accused Zhou Xin of being impolite, so Zhou Xin hugged her grandmother and burst into tears.
Author: Master Geng Nazhai
In the Spring Festival of 2020, I received another video call from Zhou Xin. In the past 15 years we have known each other, Zhou Xin always calls me every major festival. Every time after blessing and greetings, he would pester me and ask me, "Who reported my mother back then?"
This time is certainly no exception. After chatting for a few words, I took the initiative to change the subject and started asking him if there were enough masks and disinfectant at home.
"Uncle, I already know which one it is, and I will never dwell on this issue in the future." Zhou Xin on the other side of the video said.
This kid was obviously "cheating" me, and I pretended to be confused as always. But the more confused I became, the clearer the case that appeared in front of my eyes became.
1
In November 2005, the detention center sent out a clue. Someone reported that: In the winter of 1994, a woman named Xie Chunlan killed her husband. Because her two young sons needed to be raised, her husband’s family concealed it. Report the crime.
The leader sent me to verify, but I think the credibility of this clue is not high. How can such a big murder be concealed for more than ten years?
I am very familiar with the place where the crime happened. It is a remote village in the southwest mountainous area, surrounded by mountains, and at the bottom there is a tiankeng with a diameter of 100 meters, which is funnel-shaped. Before liberation, the villagers built their houses near the tiankeng in order to hide from bandits. After liberation, the road passed by the top of the mountain, and those with a little money moved their houses to the top of the mountain. In recent years, roads have been opened in the villages, and villagers have successively got mobile phones, so information is not very blocked.
The next day, I went to the detention center, and the guards brought the informant to the office. He first stood at the door and called "report" mechanically, and then stood upright when he entered the room, not daring to sit down after calling him a few times. The young man was about 27 years old, with a shaved head, and a lot of stubble and stubble had turned white. Due to insufficient light, his face was pale, swollen, and plump.
His name was Zhou Daqiang, and he said that he and the victim Zhou Yongbin were of the same village and family. In 1994, he was still in high school. Not long after the winter vacation, he heard that Zhou Yongbin died of a sudden illness. One night, he and his parents sat around the fire, and they talked quietly, saying that Zhou Yongbin did not die of illness, but was killed by his wife Xie Chunlan.
Zhou Daqiang immediately became interested, and hurriedly asked, "How did you kill him? Why did you kill him?" His parents warned him not to go out to inquire, and he must not go out and say, "This involves knocking sand jars (shooting) the issue."
Zhou Daqiang didn't know more details about Xie Chunlan's murder and her husband's concealment. He begged me to go to his parents for further verification. Once it is true, he is considered to have committed a major crime, and he will be sentenced to at least 2 or 3 years less.
"Your parents are willing to confirm?" I asked.
"In order to help me, they should confirm it." Zhou Daqiang thought for a while, and then said: "Most of them don't want to say it, I have to write a letter to them, and then you, police officer, can help me say something good."
Before being arrested, Zhou Daqiang was the pride of his family. He graduated from university in 1998, was admitted as a civil servant and joined the party, but because of corruption and bribery in a poverty alleviation project, his career was ruined. I handed him the pen and paper, and the letter was quickly written. The content did not involve the facts of the case, and I only asked my parents to confirm this matter. I turned on the phone video again and asked Zhou Daqiang to say a few words to his parents.
At the end of the questioning, I asked Zhou Daqiang to recollect his memory carefully, and report to the supervisor in time if there is anything to add, and I will go to verify it in a few days. Zhou Daqiang suddenly knelt down in front of me and cried, saying that the matter was absolutely true, and begged me to check it immediately and reply early, and said that he knew what was good and bad, and he would repay me when he got out.
The guard and I grabbed Zhou Daqiang's shoulders and lifted him up, accusing him of kneeling down. Zhou Daqiang cried and said that he would definitely be sentenced to a heavy sentence this time. The child in the family is only half a year old, and he only asked for a lighter sentence so that he could keep his home.
Since this report is an isolated case, the leader asked me to contact Zhou Daqiang's parents secretly. If they can confirm it, we will consider taking action. The next morning, I took a colleague and invited a cadre from the township government's comprehensive management office to accompany me, and went to Zhou Daqiang's house in the name of a "district poverty alleviation cadre".
Zhou Daqiang's parents are both in their 70s, and they were very enthusiastic when they saw us. They boiled water to make tea and arranged lunch. While Zhou Daqiang's mother was cooking in the kitchen, I first revealed my identity to Zhou Daqiang's father. When the old man heard that I was a criminal police officer, he immediately panicked, "Maybe (could it be) that the beheaded guy did something to you?"
I slowly explained the purpose of my visit, and before I finished speaking, Zhou Daqiang's father raised his hands and waved them quickly in front of him, saying "I don't know" four or five times in one breath.
He reacted rather aggressively. I casually handed over a cigarette first. He hesitated, but reached out to take it. He put the cigarette in his mouth first, and then clamped it to his ear. I took out the lighter, and he hurriedly held the cigarette in both hands, and leaned over to catch the fire, with the sound of rapid breathing coming from his nostrils. His callused hands trembled a little, he held the cigarette tightly, took a deep breath in, and let it out again.
Colleagues and comprehensive management cadres also entered the kitchen to inquire about the situation. Zhou Daqiang's mother said in a hurry: "Our two families are separated by a few mountains, and we have no contact at ordinary times. Who knows who is dead? Ask someone else."
I called out Zhou Daqiang's mother, who was very unhappy and stared at Zhou Daqiang's father, "Do outsiders know about these things? Why don't you ask her herself." She was obviously warning her husband not to talk nonsense.
I let the old couple sit down and delivered a letter from Zhou Daqiang. Zhou Daqiang's father was meditating while reading silently. Zhou Daqiang's mother was illiterate, so she hurriedly asked her son what he had written? Zhou Daqiang's father just sighed and shook his head helplessly. I took the opportunity to enlighten them, saying that if the report was true, Zhou Daqiang would have made a major meritorious service and the sentence would be lighter.
"We have always taught him not to be greedy and not to take advantage of. The one who cuts off his head just doesn't listen, and the money for poverty relief is too much? It's not too much to knock a sand jar, and the key point should be judged." Zhou Daqiang's mother said angrily. But when I opened Zhou Daqiang's video, Zhou Daqiang's mother started to cry before the first replay. After watching it once, they asked me to replay it again. I watched it 6 or 7 times before giving up.
About an hour later, Zhou Daqiang's father asked: "That matter has been verified, how long will the sentence be shortened?"
"Damn old man, don't you think you can do a case by yourself and let the beheaded man do meritorious service? People have to talk about conscience, not to mention that we don't know it, but we know it. How can a widow and orphan have a good conscience? Don't do evil..." Zhou Daqiang said The mother scolded her husband viciously, and then begged us, "We really don't know, why don't you ask someone else."
They have many concerns. I had no choice but to enlighten me slowly from various aspects. After more than two hours, Zhou Daqiang's father finally let go: "Old woman, who on this slope doesn't know about this? At that time, Xie Chunlan will have to explain herself, her uncle I have to explain to my father-in-law, and other people have to prove it. If you don’t wrong her, who told us to raise a son of retribution.”
Zhou Daqiang's mother still blocked her. Seeing this situation, I hurriedly asked the comprehensive management staff to take her aside. Before Zhou Daqiang's father could speak, there was the sound of scolding from the comprehensive management cadres in the next room, and the sound of opening and closing the door repeatedly——Zhou Daqiang's mother wanted to rush out.
Zhou Daqiang’s father said that after Zhou Yongbin’s death, he went to help carry the coffin. When he was “clearing the coffin” (relatives tidy up the deceased’s appearance and take a last look), he saw a black mark on Zhou Yongbin’s neck, as if he had hanged himself. He died, but Zhou's family members said that he was suffering from a sudden illness. Later, he heard rumors that Zhou Yongbin was killed by his wife Xie Chunlan. It is said that after the murder, Xie Chunlan first ran to Zhou Yongbin's Uncle Yao's house. Uncle Yao is a teacher who has been teaching in a village primary school for more than 20 years. He has a great voice in the village, especially in the Zhou family. In the end, Teacher Yao Shu Zhou came forward to mediate, and the Zhou family agreed to keep the matter a secret...
Zhou Daqiang's father had a lot of concerns. He only wanted to make an oral confirmation, but he didn't want to make a transcript. After the transcript was completed, he refused to sign it. I kept doing work and it was past 7pm when I left.
2
On the morning of November 20, 2005, the task force arrived at the village. One group summoned Xie Chunlan;
When he arrived at the school, the teacher Zhou was giving make-up lessons to the sixth grade students. We revealed our identity and asked him to go to the township government to assist in the investigation. There is more than 2 kilometers of mountain roads to walk from the school to the police car parking place. Along the way, Teacher Zhou kept giving us cigarettes, "If there is anything to do, just arrange for me."
I asked him to talk about Zhou Yongbin, and Teacher Zhou quickly asked: "Zhou Yongbin is my eldest brother's son. He died of a sudden illness in the winter of 1994. Everyone in the village knows it. Maybe there is something wrong with it?"
"After more than ten years of his death, we came to our door, not only for you, but also for Xie Chunlan, and we also opened the coffin for an autopsy. I don't need to explain what this means. I hope you will seek truth from facts and explain it clearly before going back to class." I said.
"Zhou Yongbin died of a sudden illness in the twelfth lunar month of 1994. As for why you opened the coffin and why you came to me, I really don't know."
"Young, fat and white, you're going to die if you say you're dead?"
"I didn't have time to call a doctor at that time, so I couldn't tell what the disease was."
"How did you deal with it afterwards?"
"According to the custom, I asked someone to choose the date and burial place. After two days of dojo, I was buried. Every household in the village went to mourn and give gifts." Although Teacher Zhou was suspected of covering up, the statute of limitations for prosecution has passed. According to the investigation plan, if he confesses truthfully, we can let him go after completing the transcript. If he refuses to confess, we must give him a "offensive" immediately.
The colleague showed the summons certificate to Mr. Zhou, saying that he was not asked to testify this time, but summoned him as a criminal suspect, and immediately put handcuffs on him. Teacher Zhou didn't panic, but calmly signed and pressed his fingerprints on the summons card.
When the police car arrived at the township government, we took him directly to the security room, which had been arranged according to the basic requirements of the interrogation room. Mr. Zhou took the initiative to sit in the interrogation chair, and he would not speak unless we asked questions. The interrogation was once at a deadlock.
In the evening, the detachment leader came out according to the scheduled plan.
"Oh, leader, I'm just an old man who is about to retire in a rural area. The district leader personally interrogated me. It's too embarrassing for me. I should know everything and say everything, but I really don't know that you asked me to understand Zhou Yongbin. It's a child's business." Teacher Zhou looked innocent.
The head of the detachment first spread the "Criminal Law" in front of Mr. Zhou and asked him to read the page on the crime of harboring and covering up, but Mr. Zhou refused to accept this.
I took out another blank criminal detention certificate and said that we had sufficient evidence to send him to the detention center. As a result, his beloved podium and enviable job would be suspended.
"If you want to be detained, I can't help it. If you want to be fired from the public office, I will accept my fate. Zhou Yongbin died of a sudden illness, and I didn't harbor anyone!" Teacher Zhou spoke with confidence.
At this time, the group of colleagues who interrogated Xie Chunlan sent a message, and the detachment leader quickly responded to the message. About 20 minutes later, the detachment leader's phone rang. He got up and went outside, deliberately closing the door, and we could all hear— - "Xie Chunlan put it down".
Ten minutes later, the detachment leader came back and angrily scolded us for not being vigilant and not knowing how to close the door. My colleagues and I immediately understood, and hurriedly reviewed it. The detachment leader took the opportunity to praise Xie Chunlan, saying that she has worked so hard to raise children and build a family over the years, and she has a good attitude of pleading guilty. Finally, she told Teacher Zhou that Xie Chunlan and her father-in-law have been brought to the case. Even if Teacher Zhou didn't say a word, we can still recognize him.
Mr. Zhou smoked non-stop, and asked us to ask for his own pack after he finished smoking. The security room soon became a room where you could smoke bacon. Until midnight, Teacher Zhou dropped the last cigarette butt and said, "Leader, I..."
The colleague thought that Mr. Zhou was about to explain, so he immediately spread out the transcript.
"I'm wronged, Zhou Yongbin died of a sudden illness, I didn't hide him!" Teacher Zhou insisted. We had no choice but to go through the criminal detention procedures and put him in the detention center.
Within a few days, we arranged for Xie Chunlan to meet with Teacher Zhou. As soon as she saw Teacher Zhou, Xie Chunlan cried and said, "I'm sorry, Uncle Yao", "I've hurt Uncle Yao, and I will pay back Uncle Yao's love in the next life." Quack," and finally shook his head helplessly.
After Xie Chunlan was taken away, I asked Mr. Zhou what else to say, and Mr. Zhou sighed, "I'll explain..."
3
That day, Xie Chunlan hurried into Uncle Yao's house. After hearing her finish, Teacher Zhou told her to take the child to her own home first, and told her not to say anything to the outside world, "From now on, I will say that he died of a sudden illness."
Teacher Zhou set off overnight to discuss with Zhou Yongbin’s father. At that time, Zhou’s father lived in a wooden house in the former supply and marketing cooperative. I bought it and opened a small shop. Zhou's father and son have always had serious conflicts, and they have not communicated for several years. When people in the village moved their houses to the mountains one after another, Zhou Yongbin had no money, so his family lived by the tiankeng, away from other people in the village.
Father Zhou has three children, the eldest two are daughters, and Zhou Yongbin is the only boy. Zhou Yongbin didn't like reading since he was a child, and he had a violent temper. He played tricks on friends, stole alcohol and drank in junior high school. He often asked his father for money, and beat him if he didn't give him. Once, Zhou Yongbin's father went to the city to be hospitalized and asked his son to take over the shift for a few days. Unexpectedly, Zhou Yongbin swallowed more than 2,000 yuan of business funds from the supply and marketing cooperative, causing his father to lose money for two years.
When Zhou's father was in his 50s, his wife passed away. On the day of his remarriage at 60, Zhou Yongbin rushed to the wedding scene and said that his father had not discussed the marriage with him and that he had to give him 3,000 yuan as compensation. Zhou Yongbin overturned the tables, chairs, benches, pots and pans immediately when Zhou's father refused to give it. Zhou's father was furious and immediately proposed to sever the father-son relationship with him.
Mr. Zhou confessed that in the early morning of that day, he rushed to his brother's house and said that Zhou Yongbin died of a sudden illness.
"If you die, you will die, and there will be one less disaster." At that time, Zhou's father said indifferently.
"After all, father and son are together, let's go back and have a look." Teacher Zhou cautiously probed, but Zhou's father immediately refused, only worried about his daughter-in-law and grandson.
Although he lost confidence in his son early on, Father Zhou has always been quite satisfied with his daughter-in-law. Back then, he wanted to tie his son to marriage, so he asked someone to talk to more than a dozen girls, and finally married Xie Chunlan into the door. Unexpectedly, not only did Zhou Yongbin not get better after marriage, but he became more lazy. After having two children, he was drunk every day and often beat and scolded Xie Chunlan.
After making a fuss about his father's wedding, Zhou Yongbin never crossed the threshold of his father's house again, but Xie Chunlan often came to visit his in-laws quietly, bringing some eggs and vegetables every time, and taking his grandson there from time to time to make them happy.
In this case, Mr. Zhou was forced to tell the truth. If you don't call the police this time, can you swallow this breath? If the police call the police, who will take care of the two grandchildren? Father Zhou pondered for a while, and said that the two grandsons were still young, the older one was just over 2 years old, and the younger one was under 1 year old, so he could not call the police, and he had to persuade his wife to stay and raise the children. Teacher Zhou also meant the same thing. The two brothers agreed and rushed back immediately.
Xie Chunlan was so frightened for a long time that she promised Uncle Yao and her father-in-law that she would not remarry and would raise her two children. Indeed, after Zhou Yongbin's death, Xie Chunlan was indeed a widow all the time, raising her children with painstaking efforts.There was no gossip about her in the village, and everyone said that she was a rare and good wife.
"Although I shielded Xie Chunlan, violated the criminal law, and went to jail, I don't regret it, and I won't appeal no matter what the sentence. She is not a person who does many evil things. She has been beaten and scolded by Zhou Yongbin for many years, and she has no choice but to kill in desperation. These ten She is no different from going to jail for a few years, please take it lightly." After the confession, Teacher Zhou burst into tears like a child.
"You told the township government at the time, you can go back straight away, and spend a few days in prison for nothing." The colleague who took the notes sighed.
"I know my role in that matter, and I also know the importance of my confession to her (Xie Chunlan) conviction and sentencing. But the two children are only 13 years old and the youngest is only 11 years old. When Xie Chunlan went to jail, the family would be disbanded and the two children would be finished. I would rather go to jail by myself than disband that family."
4
On Zhou Yongbin's body, there was no evidence of being strangled. Therefore, the testimony of the person who "wiped the sweat" (dialect, bathing and dressing the deceased) of Zhou Yongbin became extremely important.
Xie Chunlan explained that Teacher Zhou asked her to bring a gift to invite Uncle Wang. Uncle Wang is a lonely old man who makes a living by "wiping the sweat" of the dead. Although there are other people in the village who do this, Uncle Wang has the tightest mouth.
The leader asked me to ask Uncle Wang. Before I set off, I asked the village cadres to find out some information, so I bought a pot of vegetable oil, 10 catties of pork, and asked the old smoke pot to choose 5 catties of grass tobacco.
Uncle Wang’s house is two crooked, grinning old wooden houses, about 20 minutes’ walk away. When I saw him, he was curled up in front of the stove, smoking grass, coughing hollowly from time to time. He was wearing a ragged cotton coat with many patched holes.
Seeing us carrying the presents, Uncle Wang thought they were civil affairs cadres, so he hurriedly got up, greeted us to sit down, and said with a smile, "Thank you to the government for coming so early to give gifts for the Spring Festival!"
I sat next to Uncle Wang, explained my identity, and asked him to recall the scene of "wiping sweat" for Zhou Yongbin.
"Zhou Yongbin? Did I go there? It seems not, um, I can't remember, I can't remember." Uncle Wang muttered to himself, his face full of doubtful wrinkles.
I smoked one of the herbal cigarettes I brought with me, rolled two, stuffed one into his pipe, and smoked one myself. I said that I don't smoke herbal cigarettes much, and I don't know whether it's good or bad, and I don't know the quality. Uncle Wang smoked a few puffs and said it was good, "It's willing to catch fire, not hot or dry, it's a good smoke, at least dozens of yuan a catty."
After eating half a stick of grass smoke, I started to feel a little dizzy. Taking advantage of the "smoke", I said: "Master, Xie Chunlan and Mr. Zhou said that you went to 'wipe your sweat', otherwise why would we bother you old man."
Uncle Wang flashed an embarrassing smile, and said that many years later, he was in his 80s and had a bad memory. Who invited him, he could not remember. All I know is that it is done according to the old rules, "Take off your clothes, shave your head, take a bath with wormwood water, then put on a shroud, and carry it into the coffin." Uncle Wang said it all.
"You must have seen something abnormal on Zhou Yongbin's body when you shaved your head, right?" I stared at Uncle Wang's face.
"He's not a monster either. There's nothing unusual about him. He's the same as an ordinary person." Uncle Wang pushed his lips cleanly, but with a flustered expression on his face, he didn't want to continue talking.
It was past noon and we were all hungry. Uncle Wang said that as long as we didn't dislike it, he would start cooking right away. I hastily held him down and asked him to continue smoking and warming the fire while my colleagues and I cooked rice and cooked the meat we brought. Uncle Wang disagreed, saying that the meat could not be moved, and asked us to take it back intact.
"It's the same thing to bring it back and cook it now." I said.
During the cooking, Uncle Wang and I bragged all over the world, from the local five grains and six livestock, to Uncle Wang's ancestral home, relatives and friends, contracted land, self-retained mountains, and pension funds. Later, I really had nothing to talk about, so Uncle Wang took the initiative to find a topic, talking about a case he had heard about. Unknowingly, the distance also narrowed.
Soon, the rice was cooked, and I followed the local winter eating habits, using a charcoal stove to cook. Looking at a pot of twice-cooked pork fried with soaked radish, small sea pepper, and garlic seedlings, Uncle Wang tasted a piece and said that it was authentic shabu soup (dialect: invite people to eat after killing a pig). He hadn’t eaten shaved soup at home for many years. The soup is ready, "This time I will eat with comrades who work in the country, An Yi." I kept picking meat for Uncle Wang, cleaned up the dishes and chopsticks after the meal, blocked Uncle Wang in front of the stove to warm up, and continued to grind hard Bubble.
"Isn't it just that he died of a sudden illness, and you still care about it after all these years?" After drinking three earthen pots of tea, Uncle Wang took the initiative to speak.
"There are so many policemen going around the village, asking door to door, there must be something wrong with Zhou Yongbin's death." I blocked Uncle Wang's escape route, "A lot of helpers said they saw you 'wiping sweat', you must remember the situation clearly."
"I heard yesterday that Xie Chunlan and Mr. Zhou were arrested, and I knew you were coming to find me. Speaking of which, I'm sorry Xie Chunlan, she is a hard-working and good person. Don't tell me, I'm sorry for you, are you? I live in the government. My life is managed by the government, and I have to be buried by them after my death. It’s hard.” Uncle Wang hesitated to speak.
"You are helping Xie Chunlan by verifying the situation by seeking truth from facts." I especially emphasized the words "helping Xie Chunlan". Uncle Wang hesitated for a while, and then started talking about Xie Chunlan's kindness. After talking for a long time, I got back on the "right track".
Uncle Wang said that when Xie Chunlan came to the door, she said that Zhou Yongbin had died of a sudden illness and asked him to "wipe off his sweat". When he got to the place, he took off the burning paper on Zhou Yongbin's face, and saw Zhou Yongbin's eyes were wide open, his mouth was wide open, his tongue was sticking out very long, and there was a black mark on his neck.
Uncle Wang immediately exclaimed, saying that this was not a sudden illness, but a hanging.
"Yes, hanged." Xie Chunlan and Teacher Zhou said hurriedly.
Uncle Wang turned Zhou Yongbin's head to check the black mark on his neck, and found that something was wrong—the rope mark on the hanging neck should be from the throat to the base of the ear to the back of the neck, and the back was not sealed. And the mark on Zhou Yongbin's neck circled around.
"What do you do?" Uncle Wang asked.
Xie Chunlan knelt down hastily, and asked Uncle Wang to help her out, because of their orphans and widows. Uncle Wang hurriedly helped Xie Chunlan up, and he understood eight or nine points in his heart.
Xie Chunlan said that the night before, Zhou Yongbin scolded her while drinking in the kitchen. She contradicted her a few words, and Zhou Yongbin grabbed her hair and hit her. Xie Chunlan fought back, and soon the two of them fell to the ground. During the beating, she suddenly felt a rope and wrapped it around Zhou Yongbin's neck.
After an unknown amount of time, Xie Chunlan was so tired that she couldn't hold on to the rope, and she let go of her hands and collapsed on the ground. When she sat up, she saw Zhou Yongbin lying on the ground, his eyes bulging, his tongue sticking out of his mouth, and he had already died.
That day, Teacher Zhou also said that Xie Chunlan had promised not to remarry and would stay at Zhou's house to raise her two children. Please, Uncle Wang, for the sake of the two children, "wipe away the sweat" on Zhou Yongbin, so that he can be buried in peace as soon as possible.
After the transcript was finished, we asked Uncle Wang to sign it. He made a condition that we must bring the gift back, otherwise he would not sign it. I readily agreed, thinking: "I'll leave after you sign, aren't you just saying polite words?"
Seeing that we didn't take away the gift, Uncle Wang blocked the door. He said angrily that although he is poor, he must not accept this gift, otherwise he will be sorry for Xie Chunlan, and his conscience will not let it go. We quarreled for a while, and Uncle Wang only left the leftover twice-cooked pork from lunch.
5
When Xie Chunlan was arrested, her eldest son Zhou Xin was in junior high school. The day of the arrest was Sunday. Zhou Xin didn't go to school. When he saw his mother being handcuffed, he rushed over to stop her.
After the police opened the coffin for an autopsy, he threw himself on his father's grave again, stretched out his hands as hard as he could, held his father's grave in his arms, and repeatedly said that his father died of a sudden illness and that digging was not allowed. When he was forcibly taken away by the police, Zhou Xin kept yelling: "Whoever reported my mother, I will not be a human being if I don't kill his whole family!"
After Xie Chunlan was put in the detention center, I went to see Zhou Xin, who was cutting pigweed at home. I said that I was the policeman in charge of his mother's case. He cried as soon as he heard it, and cried for a long time, and finally asked to meet his mother with his younger brother.
I said that we can't meet for the time being, but I will definitely arrange it in the future, and let him take care of his younger brother and listen to his grandmother.
"Uncle, it's been more than ten years, how do you know?" Zhou Xin asked me suddenly.
"We discovered it through work." I prevaricate Zhou Xin.
"Someone must have reported it, otherwise how would you know?" Zhou Xin said.
"Who will report it, don't think about it." I continued to prevaricate.
"Which bastard reported it, I'm going to kill his whole family." Zhou Xin suddenly stood up with a knife in his hand. I hurriedly grabbed the chair to defend myself, but he slammed the knife on the cutting board, and the cutting board broke into two pieces. . Zhou Xin's grandmother rushed over to hand in the knife, shedding tears and accused Zhou Xin of being impolite, Zhou Xin hugged her grandmother and cried loudly.
After Zhou Xin's mood stabilized, I asked him about Xie Chunlan's situation in recent years, and he said a lot of good things about my mother in one breath. After finishing the transcript, Zhou Xin pitifully begged me to tell him who the whistleblower was.
It may be that Zhou Xin's threat to kill me has too much impact on me. Not only did I keep the source of the clues highly confidential, but I also specially greeted the prosecutor, judge, and defender who handled the case, and no one could say anything about it.
Not long after, more than a hundred villagers in the village jointly wrote a letter to say good things for Xie Chunlan. In the end, the court also adopted it, and sentenced Xie Chunlan to 3 years in prison, suspended for 5 years.
Time flies, more than ten years have passed. Zhou Xin, who was as thin as a clothes pole back then, is now 1.75 meters tall and chubby. He has been working abroad for many years, mostly in Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Guangzhou, and he has spent the longest time in Shenzhen, getting farther and farther away from the funnel-shaped village in his hometown.
That day, I was still stuck in the memories of the past, and Zhou Xin on the video side interrupted me: "Uncle, you haven't told me all these years, because you are afraid that I will kill someone. To tell you the truth, after my mother was arrested, I have always wanted to kill that person, even their whole family, in recent years I don’t want to kill, but I want to confirm who it is, and now he explained it to me, but I don’t have this idea.”
Seeing that I still couldn't believe it, Zhou Xin moved the phone camera away, and a familiar face appeared in the video, but he was very haggard. I asked who he was, and he said he was Zhou Daqiang. I suddenly remembered the embezzler who knelt in front of me, crying and begging me to check him quickly.
Zhou Daqiang said that he reported Xie Chunlan in order to save a few days of sentence and keep his family. The court sentenced him to a year and a half less, but after he was released from prison, many people in the village despised him. At first he thought that these farmers despised him for embezzling poverty alleviation funds, but later he found out that many people guessed that he had reported Xie Chunlan.
He didn't dare to admit it, swore he didn't report it himself, and lived with his tail between his legs. Until 3 months ago, he was diagnosed with advanced liver cancer. When he recalled the past, the more he thought about it, the more he felt uneasy about his conscience. Therefore, he took the initiative to confess and apologize to Xie Chunlan's family, and wanted to ask their forgiveness so that he could go on the road with peace of mind.
Just as Zhou Daqiang finished speaking, Xie Chunlan appeared in the video again, her body was still so thin and thin. I still remember that when I was handling the case, I never saw her smile, but always cried. Today, Xie Chunlan actually showed a smile: "Officer Wang, thank you for your thoughtful handling of the case. I always remember this, and I often ask the children to greet you. I figured it out a long time ago, that is the debt I owe, and I have to pay it back sooner or later, if I don’t pay it in this life, I will pay it back in the next life, and if I don’t pay it back, my sons and grandchildren will have to pay it back. Don’t blame him, really don’t blame him.”
Zhou Xin also came over, grabbed Zhou Daqiang's shoulder, and said to me: "Uncle, we really don't care anymore."
I shouted, pretending to be confused as always, but my heart was full of mixed feelings, and tears fell down at some point.
被全村保护了11年的杀人犯
“哪个狗日的举报的,老子要杀他全家。”周新突然提着刀站起来,我急忙抓起椅子准备自卫,他却将刀狠狠砍在砧板上,砧板顿时破成了两块。
周新外婆扑过去缴了刀,掉着眼泪指责周新不懂礼貌,周新就抱着外婆嚎啕大哭起来。
作者:耕讷斋主
2020年春节,我又接到了周新打来的视频。相识的这15年来,每逢重大节日,周新总要给我打电话。每次祝福问候后,再绕个大半天,他都会缠着我问:“当年到底是谁举报了我母亲?”
这一次肯定也不例外。聊了两句后,我主动岔开了话题,开始问他家里的口罩、消毒液够不够。
“叔,我已经晓得是哪个了,今后绝不再纠缠这个问题。”视频那边的周新说。
这小子明显是在“诈”我,我一如既往地装糊涂。但越想糊涂,那桩浮现在我眼前的案子就变得越清晰。
1
2005年11月,看守所转出一条线索,有人举报称:1994年冬天,一个叫谢春兰的女人杀了自己的丈夫,因为两个年幼的儿子要人抚养,夫家竟然包瞒下来,没有报案。
领导派我去核实,我却觉得这个线索的可信度不高。杀人这么大的事,能包瞒十多年?
案发地我很熟,是西南山区的一个偏远村寨,四周都是大山,最底下有一个直径百米的天坑,呈漏斗型。解放前,村民们为了躲土匪就将房子造在天坑附近,解放后,公路从山顶经过,稍有钱的人家就把房子往山顶搬。近几年村寨里通了路,村民们陆续有了手机,信息并不是很闭塞。
次日,我到了看守所,管教将举报人带到办公室。他先站在门口机械地喊了声“报告”,进屋就直挺挺地站着,喊了他几声也不敢坐。这个年轻人27岁左右,剃了个光头,有很多发茬和胡茬都白了。由于光照不足,脸有些泛白浮肿,肥嘟嘟的。
他叫周大强,说自己和被害人周勇斌同村同族。1994年他还在上高中,放寒假没多久就听说周勇斌害急病死了。一个晚上,他和父母围在一起烤火,父母悄悄谈论,说周勇斌不是病死的,而是被他老婆谢春兰杀的。
周大强当即来了兴趣,急忙追问,“怎么杀的?为么子杀?”父母警告他不要出去打听,也绝对不能出去说,“这涉及到敲沙罐(枪毙)的问题。”
关于谢春兰杀人、夫家包瞒的更多细节,周大强并不清楚,他央求我去找他父母进一步核实。一旦属实,他就属于重大立功,起码要少判2、3年。
“你父母愿意证实?”我问。
“为了帮我,他们应该要证实。”周大强想了想,又说:“他们多半不愿意说,我得给他们写封信,到时候警官你也帮我说说好话。”
被抓前,周大强算得上是家人的骄傲。他1998年大学毕业,后来考上了公务员又入了党,就因为在一个扶贫项目上贪污受贿,毁了前程。我将纸笔递给他,信很快就写好了,内容不涉及案情,只请求父母证实这件事。我又打开了手机录像,让周大强跟父母说几句话。
询问结束,我嘱咐周大强再仔细回忆回忆,如果有需要补充的情节就及时报告管教,过几天我就去核实。周大强突然“咚”地一声跪在我面前哭了起来,说事情绝对是真的,求我马上去核查、早点回复,又说自己晓得好歹,出去以后就报答我。
我和管教抓住周大强的肩膀往上提,指责他不该下跪,周大强哭着说自己这次肯定要判重刑,家里孩子才半岁,只求判轻点,能保住自己的家。
由于这个举报是个孤证,领导让我先秘密接触周大强的父母,如果他们能证实,我们就考虑动手。第二天上午,我带着一个同事,请了乡政府综治办的一名干部陪同,以“区扶贫干部”的名义去了周大强的家。
周大强的父母都70多岁了,见到我们非常热情,又是烧水泡茶,又是安排午饭。趁周大强的母亲去厨房煮饭,我先向周大强的父亲亮明了身份。老人家一听我是刑警,当即惊慌起来,“未必(难道)是那砍脑壳的在你们那儿犯了什么事?”
我慢慢说明来意,话还没说完,周大强的父亲就举起双手在自己面前快速摆动,一口气说了四、五个“不晓得”。
他反应还挺大,我先漫不经心地递上一支烟,他迟疑着,还是伸手接了过去。他先把烟含在嘴里,后又夹在耳朵上。我掏出打火机,他急忙双手捧烟,倾身接火,鼻孔里传出急促的呼吸声。那双布满老茧的手有些颤抖,紧紧捏住香烟,深深地吸一口进去,又长长地吐出来。
同事和综治干部也进厨房询问情况,周大强的母亲火急火燎地说:“我们两家隔几面山,平时没有往来,哪个晓得啷个死的?你们问别个。”
我把周大强的母亲喊出来,她满脸不高兴,瞪着周大强的父亲,“这些事,外人啷个晓得?你们去问她本人嘛。”明显是在警告丈夫不要乱说话。
我让老两口坐下,送上了周大强的信。周大强的父亲一边默读,一边沉思。周大强的母亲不识字,急忙问儿子写了什么?周大强的父亲只是唉声叹气,无奈地摇头。我借机开导他们,说如果举报属实,周大强就是重大立功,会判得轻些。
“我们一直教育他莫贪莫占,砍脑壳的就是不听,扶贫款啷个动得?敲沙罐都不为过,就该判重点。”周大强的母亲气呼呼地说。可当我打开周大强的录像,第一遍还没有放完,周大强的母亲就开始掉泪了。看完一遍,他们又让我重放,反复看了6、7遍才罢休。
大约1个小时后,周大强的父亲问:“那件事查实了,少判好久?”
“死老头,未必你自己去做一件案子让砍脑壳的立功吗?人要讲良心,莫说我们不晓得,就是晓得,人家孤儿寡母的,良心怎么过得去?莫作孽……”周大强的母亲恶狠狠地呵斥丈夫,然后又央求我们,“我们真的不晓得,你们去问别个嘛。”
他们有很多顾虑。我只好从各个方面慢慢地开导,又过了2个多小时,周大强的父亲终于松了口:“老婆子,这一坡的人哪个不晓得这个事?到时候谢春兰自己要交代,她叔叔和公爹要交代,其他人也要证明。不冤枉她就是,谁叫我们养了个报应儿。”
周大强的母亲依旧阻拦,看到这种情况,我赶紧让综治干部把她带到旁边去。这边周大强的父亲还没开口,隔壁屋就传出综治干部的呵斥声,还有反复开关门的声音——周大强的母亲想冲出来。
周大强的父亲说,当年周勇斌死后,他去帮忙抬棺,在“清棺”(亲人整理死者仪容,看最后一眼)时,他看到周勇斌的颈子上有一道乌黑的印子,像是上吊死的,可周家人都说是害了急病。后来,他听到传言,说周勇斌是被老婆谢春兰杀死的。据说,谢春兰杀人后,先跑到了周勇斌的幺叔家。幺叔是个老师,在村小教书20多年,在村里、特别是在周家很有话语权,最后就是幺叔周老师出面调停,周家才同意把这件事包瞒下来……
周大强的父亲顾虑很多,他只想做口头证实,不愿做笔录,后来笔录做好,又一直不肯签字。我不断做工作,离开的时候已经是晚上7点多了。
2
2005年11月20日上午,专案组赶到村寨,一组传唤谢春兰;一组传唤当年主持调解的周老师;一组开棺验尸;最后一组机动待命。
赶到学校时,这位周老师正在给六年级的学生补课。我们亮明了身份,请他到乡政府协助调查。从学校到警车停放处有2公里多的山路要走,一路上,周老师不停地给我们敬烟,“有什么事直接安排我就是。”
我让他讲讲周勇斌的事,周老师飞快地反问:“周勇斌是我大哥的儿子,94年冬腊月害急病死了,村上的人都知道,未必这里面有么子问题?”
“他死了十多年后我们找上门,不只是找你,找谢春兰,还要开棺验尸,这意味着什么不用说明吧,希望你实事求是,讲清楚了回去上课。”我说。
“周勇斌94年冬腊月害急病死的,至于你们为什么开棺、为什么找我,我确实不清楚。”
“年纪轻轻、一肥二白的,说死就死了?”
“当时没来得及请医生,说不清楚是么子病。”
“后事怎么处理的?”
“按照风俗,请人择了日期和葬地,做了两天道场后埋了,寨子上家家户户都去吊孝送礼的。”虽然周老师涉嫌包庇,但已经过了追诉时效。按照侦查方案,如果他如实供述,做完笔录我们就可以让他走,如果拒不供述,我们必须在第一时间给他一个“下马威”。
同事向周老师出示了传唤证,明说这次不是请他作证,而是把他作为犯罪嫌疑人传唤,当即给他戴上了手铐。周老师并不慌乱,反而非常冷静地在传唤证上签字、按手印。
警车到了乡政府,我们直接将他带到治安室,这里已经按照审讯室的基本要求作了布置,周老师主动坐到审讯椅上,我们不提问,他就不说话,审讯一度陷入了僵局。
傍晚时分,支队长按照预定方案出场。
“哎呀,领导,我只是一个乡旮旯即将退休的老头,区上领导亲自审我,太给我面子了,我应该知无不言,言无不尽才对,但我确实不晓得你们找我了解周勇斌么子事。”周老师看起来一脸的冤枉。
支队长先将《刑法》摊在周老师面前,让他阅读窝藏、包庇罪那一页,可周老师不吃这一套。
我又拿出了一张空白的刑拘证,说我们有充足的证据将他送进看守所,如此一来,他热爱的讲台、令人羡慕的工作可就悬了。
“你们要刑拘,我没有办法,要开除公职,我也认命。周勇斌是害急病死的,我没窝藏包庇任何人!”周老师说话的时候底气十足。
此时,审讯谢春兰的那组同事发来信息,支队长飞快地回信息,大约20分钟后,支队长的电话响了,他起身到室外,故意把门虚掩着,我们都能听到——“谢春兰撂了”。
十几分钟后,支队长回来,满脸怒色地骂我们没有警惕性,不知道把门关上。我和同事顿时会意,急忙检讨,支队长又趁机赞美谢春兰,说她这些年含辛茹苦抚养孩子、建设家庭,认罪态度又好,最后跟周老师说,谢春兰和她的公爹都已经到案,就是周老师一个字不讲,我们也可以认定他。
周老师不停地抽烟,抽完了自己的那包又找我们要,治安室很快就变成了一间可以熏腊肉的房子。直到半夜,周老师丢掉最后一个烟屁股,开了口:“领导,我……”
同事以为周老师要交代了,马上摊开笔录纸。
“冤枉啊,周勇斌是害急病死的,我没有窝藏包庇!”周老师还是一口咬定。我们只好办理了刑拘手续,把他关进了看守所。
没过几天,我们便安排谢春兰和周老师见了一面。一见到周老师,谢春兰就哭着说“对不起幺叔”,“连累了幺叔,下辈子变牛变马还幺叔的情。”周老师脸上的肌肉抽搐得厉害,牙碰得“嘎嘎”响,最后无奈地摇摇头。
谢春兰被带走后,我问周老师还有什么说的,周老师长叹了一声:“我交代……”
3
那天,谢春兰匆匆跑进了幺叔家。周老师听她说完,让她赶紧先将孩子抱到自己家里,并嘱咐她不要对外声张,“今后也要说是害急病死的。”
周老师连夜出发,去找周勇斌的父亲商量,当时周父住在原供销社的一个木房里,供销社破产后拍卖房子,内部职工优先,周父见这房子处于步行要道口,过路人多,就买下来开了一家小店。周家父子一直矛盾深重,好些年没有来往了。当村寨里的人纷纷把房子往山上搬的时候,周勇斌没钱,一家人就一直靠着天坑住着,远离村寨里的其他人。
周父有三个孩子,大的两个是女儿,只有周勇斌这一个男孩。周勇斌从小就不爱读书,脾气暴烈,初中就耍朋友、偷酒喝,常找父亲要钱,不给就打。一次,周勇斌父亲进城住院让儿子代几天班,没想到周勇斌却吞了供销社2千多元的营业款,害得父亲赔了2年。
周父50多岁时,老婆就不在了,60岁再婚的那天,周勇斌赶到婚礼现场,说父亲结婚没和他商量,必须给他3000元作为补偿。周父不给,周勇斌立刻掀翻了桌椅板凳、锅碗瓢盆,周父气坏了,当即提出要和他断绝父子关系。
周老师供述称,那天凌晨,他赶到了哥哥家,说周勇斌得急病死了。
“死了就死了,少一个祸害。”当时,周父毫不在乎地说。
“毕竟父子一场,还是回去看看吧。”周老师小心翼翼地探口风,周父当即回绝,只担心自己的儿媳妇和孙子。
虽然早早对儿子失去了信心,但周父对儿媳妇一直相当满意。当年他曾想用婚姻拴住儿子,先后托人说了十多个女孩,最终把谢春兰娶进了门。谁知,周勇斌婚后不仅没有变好,反而更加好吃懒做,有了两个孩子之后也是天天喝醉酒,经常打骂谢春兰。
大闹父亲的婚礼之后,周勇斌再没跨过父亲家的门槛,倒是谢春兰经常悄悄地来看望公婆,每次都要带点鸡蛋、蔬菜,还时不时把孙子带去让他们开心。
在这种情况下,周老师迫不得已说出了实情。这次如果不报警,能否咽下这口气?如果报警,两个孙子谁来管?周父沉思了一会儿,说两个孙子还小,大的才2岁多,小的还不满1岁,他不能报警,还要劝说媳妇留下来抚养孩子。周老师也是这个意思,弟兄俩意见一致,就立即往回赶。
谢春兰早就吓得六神无主了,她向幺叔和公爹保证自己不改嫁,会把两个孩子抚养成人。的确,周勇斌死后,谢春兰确实一直守寡,含辛茹苦地抚养孩子,村寨里没有半点关于她的闲言碎语,都说她是个难得的好媳妇。
“我虽然包庇了谢春兰,触犯了刑法,坐了牢,但我不后悔,怎么判我都不上诉。她不是作恶多端的人,被周勇斌打骂多年,情急之下杀人实属迫不得已。这十几年她和坐牢没有什么区别,请你们从轻发落。”供述结束,周老师像孩子一样哭了起来。
“你当时在乡政府交代了,直接就可以回去的,白白坐几天牢。”记笔录的同事叹道。
“我知道我在那件事情中的角色,也清楚我的交代对她(谢春兰)定罪量刑的重要性。但是两个娃儿大的才13岁,小的才11岁,正是需要父母的时候,一旦谢春兰坐牢,这个家就散了,两个娃就完了,我宁愿自己坐牢,也不愿那个家散。”
4
周勇斌的尸骨上,早已找不到任何被勒死的证据。因此,当年给周勇斌“抹汗”(方言,给死者洗澡穿衣)的人的证词变得极为重要。
谢春兰交代,当时周老师让她提礼物去请王大爷。王大爷是个孤老汉,靠给逝者“抹汗”为生。虽然村寨里还有其他人干这个,但王大爷的嘴巴最紧。
领导让我去询问王大爷。出发前,我专门找村干部了解了一些情况,于是买了一壶菜油、10斤猪肉,又请老烟锅选了5斤草烟。
王大爷的家是两间歪歪扭扭、龇牙咧嘴的老木屋,走路过去约20分钟。我见到他的时候,他正蜷缩在灶门前吸草烟,不时发出空洞的咳嗽声。他身穿一件破棉衣,上面有很多补了疤的洞。
看我们提着礼品,王大爷还以为是民政干部,急忙起身,招呼我们坐,笑着说:“这么早就来送春节慰问礼物,感谢政府!”
我坐在王大爷身旁,说明身份,请他回忆一下给周勇斌“抹汗”时的情景。
“周勇斌啊?是不是我去的?好像不是,嗯,记不起了,记不起了。”王大爷喃喃自语,脸上堆满了疑惑的皱纹。
我从带去的草烟中抽了一匹,卷了2支,一支塞进他的烟斗,一支自己抽。我说自己抽草烟的时候不多,识不得好坏,不知质量如何。王大爷抽了几口说不错,“肯接火,不辣不燥,是好烟,起码几十块钱一斤。”
半截草烟下肚,我开始有些发昏,趁着“烟兴”说:“大爷,谢春兰、周老师都说是你去‘抹汗’的,不然我们怎么来打扰你老人家。”
王大爷不好意思的笑容一闪而过,说事隔多年,自己80多岁,记性不好。谁来请他的,他记不起了。只知道都是按老规矩办的,“脱光衣服,剃成光头,用艾草水洗澡,再换上寿衣,抬进棺材。”王大爷一语带过。
“你剃头时在周勇斌身体上肯定看到一些异常情况吧?”我盯着王大爷的脸。
“他也不是怪物,哪有么子异常情况,和普通人一样的。”王大爷嘴上推得一干二净,脸上却露出慌乱的表情,然后就不愿意往下讲了。
当时已过中午,我们都饿了,王大爷说只要我们不嫌弃,他马上动手煮饭。我急忙按住他,让他继续抽烟烤火,我和同事煮饭,煮我们提去的肉。王大爷不同意,说那肉不能动,要我们原封不动地提回去。
“提回去和现在煮来吃是一回事。”我说。
煮饭期间,我和王大爷天南海北地吹牛,从当地的五谷六畜,说到王大爷的祖籍、亲戚朋友、承包地、自留山、养老钱。后来我实在没话题了,王大爷就主动找话题,说他听说过的案子。不知不觉,距离也拉近了。
不久,饭熟了,我按当地冬季吃饭习惯,用炭炉煮菜。看着一锅泡萝卜、小海椒、大蒜苗炒的回锅肉,王大爷尝了一块,说这是正宗的刨汤(方言:杀年猪后请人吃饭)味道,他好多年没在家吃过刨汤了,“这次还和国家工作同志一起吃,安逸。”我不停地给王大爷夹肉,饭后还把碗筷收拾干净,又将王大爷堵在灶门前烤火,继续软磨硬泡。
“不就是得了急病死了,这么多年了你们还关心?”喝了三瓦罐茶水后,王大爷主动发话。
“这么多警察在村里转,挨家挨户问,周勇斌的死肯定有问题。”我堵死王大爷的退路,“好多帮忙的人都说看见你‘抹汗’的,情况你肯定记得清楚。”
“我昨天就听说谢春兰和周老师被抓了,晓得你们要来找我。说了来,对不住谢春兰,她是苦命人、好人。不说来,对不住你们,对不住政府。我的生活是政府在管,死了还要他们埋,难啊。”王大爷欲言又止。
“你实事求是证实当时的情况,这是在帮谢春兰。”我特别在“帮谢春兰”这几个字上加重了语气。王大爷迟疑了好一阵,开口就说起谢春兰的好。讲了好一通,才回到“正轨”上。
王大爷说,当时谢春兰上门就说周勇斌得急病死了,要请他去“抹汗”。等到了地方,他揭开周勇斌脸上的火纸,看见周勇斌的眼睛睁得很大,嘴巴张得很大,舌头伸得很长,颈子上还有一圈乌黑的印子。
王大爷当即惊呼起来,说这不是得的急病,是吊颈。
“对,吊颈的。”谢春兰和周老师急忙说。
王大爷转动周勇斌的脑袋,查看颈子上乌黑的印子,发觉不对劲——吊颈的绳印应该是从喉咙斜向耳根子一直到后颈窝,后面不封口。而周勇斌颈子上的印子缠了一圈。
“你们做么子的?”王大爷问。
谢春兰急忙跪下,请王大爷看在她们孤儿寡母面上,莫对外说,帮她一把。王大爷急忙扶起谢春兰,心中就明白了八、九分。
谢春兰说,头天晚上,周勇斌在厨房一边喝酒一边骂她,她顶撞了几句,周勇斌扭住她的头发就打。谢春兰还了手,不久两个人就倒在地上,撕打中她突然摸到一条绳子,顺势缠在周勇斌颈子上,使劲朝自己这边拉,双脚还把周勇斌往外蹬。
不知过了多久,谢春兰累得抓不稳绳子了,松开手瘫在地上。等她坐起来时,看见周勇斌躺在地上,眼睛鼓起,舌头伸出嘴巴,已经断了气。
那天,周老师也在旁边说,谢春兰已经答应不改嫁,会留在周家抚养两个孩子。请王大爷看在两个孩子的面上,给周勇斌“抹汗”,让他尽早入土为安。
笔录做完,我们让王大爷签字,他提了一个条件,要我们必须把礼物提回去,否则他不签字。我爽快地答应了,心想:“等你签字后我直接走人,你不就是说个客套话吗?”
见我们没带走礼物,王大爷堵住了门口,他生气地说,自己虽然穷,但这份礼物绝对不能收,否则对不起谢春兰,他良心过不去。我们纠缠了好一阵,王大爷只把中午吃剩的回锅肉留下了。
5
谢春兰被抓时,她的大儿子周新正在读初中。抓人的那天是周日,周新没去学校,看到妈妈被戴上手铐,他立即冲过来阻拦。
后来警方开棺验尸,他又扑在父亲的坟墓上,尽最大的努力伸开双手,把父亲的坟墓抱在怀中,反复地说父亲是害急病死的,不准挖坟。被警察强行带离的时候,周新一直吼:“哪个举报我妈妈的,老子不杀他全家誓不为人!”
谢春兰被关进看守所后,我又去见了周新,他正在家里切猪草。我说自己是主办他妈妈案件的警察,他一听就哭了,哭了很久,最后又要求和弟弟一起去见妈妈。
我说暂时还不能会面,但以后一定会安排,让他把弟弟照看好,听外婆的话。
“叔,事情都过了十多年,你们怎么晓得的?”周新突然问我。
“我们工作发现的。”我搪塞周新。
“肯定有人举报,不然你们怎么晓得?”周新说。
“哪有人举报,莫乱想。”我继续搪塞。
“哪个狗日的举报的,老子要杀他全家。”周新突然提着刀站起来,我急忙抓起椅子准备自卫,他却将刀狠狠砍在砧板上,砧板顿时破成了两块。周新外婆扑过去缴了刀,掉着眼泪指责周新不懂礼貌,周新抱着外婆嚎啕大哭。
等周新的情绪稳定后,我向他了解谢春兰这些年的情况,他一口气讲了母亲很多好话。笔录做完,周新可怜巴巴地求我告诉他,到底谁是举报人。
可能是周新扬言要杀人的举动对我冲击太大,我不仅对线索来源高度保密,还特别给办案的检察官、法官、辩护人打过招呼,谁都不能说。
不久之后,村寨里百多位村民联名上书为谢春兰说好话。最终法院也采纳了,判处谢春兰有期徒刑3年,缓刑5年。
时间一晃而过,十几年过去了。当年瘦得像根晾衣竿的周新,现在已经1米75高,胖嘟嘟的。他在外打工多年,大多是在江浙广,在深圳呆的时间最长,离老家的那个漏斗型的村寨越来越远了。
那天,我还陷在过往的回忆中,视频那边的周新打断了我:“叔,这些年你一直不告诉我,是怕我去杀人吧。不瞒你说,妈妈被抓后,我一直想杀那个人,甚至杀他们全家,最近几年我不想杀人了,但我想确认是谁,现在他给我说明了,我反而没有这个想法了。”
看我还是不相信,周新将手机镜头移开,视频中出现了一个似曾相识的面孔,只是非常憔悴。我问他是谁,他说自己是周大强,我突然想起那个跪在我面前,哭着求我抓紧核查的贪污犯。
周大强说,他当时为了能少判几天,保住自己的家庭,检举了谢春兰。法院少判了他1年半,可是出狱以后,村里有很多人都鄙视他。刚开始他还以为这些农民是鄙视他贪污了扶贫款,后来才知道,很多人都猜出是他举报了谢春兰。
他不敢承认,赌咒发誓不是自己举报的,一直夹着尾巴生活。直到3个月前,他查出了肝癌晚期,回忆起了往事,越想越觉得良心不安。于是,他主动向谢春兰一家坦白、赔礼道歉,想请求他们原谅,自己好安心上路。
周大强刚说完,视频中又出现了谢春兰,她的还是那样的单薄瘦弱。还记得办案的时候,我从没看她笑,总哭,这天的谢春兰竟然露出了笑脸:“王警官,感谢你当年办案考虑得周全,我一直记得这个情,经常让孩子问候你。我早就想通了,那是我欠的账,早迟要还,这辈子不还下辈子要还,我不还儿子儿孙要还。不怪他,真的不怪他。”
周新也凑过来,攀着周大强的肩膀,对我说:“叔,我们真的不在意了。”
我打着哈哈,一如既往装糊涂,心中却五味杂陈,眼泪不知什么时候就掉了下来。
评论
发表评论