5 things I did to find meaning in life为了找寻人生的意义,我做了5件事
I sold my house in Shanghai for 7 million yuan in 2016 and sent my son to study in the United States, and now I lost 18 million yuan
Sometimes, life decisions don't just have two outcomes—success and failure.
My name is Lu Bo, I am from Nanjing, and I live in Shanghai. In order to provide my son with better educational opportunities, I sold a house worth 7 million yuan in Shanghai. Once upon a time, the real estate market in Shanghai was very hot, and the prices were rising all the way. In 2016, I made a major decision: sell my real estate in Shanghai, and use the proceeds of 7 million to fund my son's dream of studying abroad, so that he can go to the United States to receive a better education.
At the time, I was driven by impulse and passion. As a father, I want the best for my children. In my eyes, the 7 million investment is to realize my son's future and give him a broader stage. The moment I signed a real estate deal, I was filled with confidence and hope for the future.
However, fate is not always satisfactory. The real estate market has far more volatility than I can foresee. A few years later, housing prices in Shanghai began to rise wildly. I witnessed the price of my own property soaring all the way, which made me feel regretful and anxious.
I gradually discovered that this transaction was not what I hoped. The volatility in the real estate market has cost me an incredible $18 million. That number is a huge hit for anyone, more so for me. I was caught in a painful wandering, questioning my decision and whether it was too high a price to pay for my son's future.
However, looking back, I do not regret my original choice. Although this transaction cost me a lot of money, I learned something more important - love and sacrifice. I believe that it is normal for parents to be willing to give everything for their children's happiness.
As a father, I have always believed that education is the most precious gift. I know that it is invaluable to give my son the opportunity to get in touch with the international education system so that he can have a broader perspective and a more profound life experience in the era of globalization. Even though I am now facing huge losses, I do not regret my decision.
During the years of studying in the United States, I have seen my son grow and improve. He not only made great breakthroughs in academics, but also expanded his interpersonal relationships and learned to be independent and autonomous. By getting along with classmates from different countries, he broadened his mind and enhanced his understanding and respect for multiculturalism. These are all valuable experiences that he could not get in China.
Although the number of losses makes my heart hurt, I always believe that the value of education far exceeds any material loss. I am proud of the sacrifices I made to give my son an irreplaceable wealth - knowledge, experience and the opportunity to grow.
At this moment, instead of dwelling on the wealth that has been lost, I am focused on supporting my son's future. I believe that his study abroad experience will become a valuable asset on his life path, bringing him broader opportunities and success.
I also hope that by sharing my story, it can inspire other parents. When making big decisions, we need to weigh the pros and cons, but more importantly, understand the true value we are after. Sometimes we need to make difficult choices and pay some price, but as long as we believe that our decision is for the happiness and growth of our children, then even if we face losses, we will not regret it.
In this story, I may have lost 18 million fortune, but I gained more understanding of love and dedication to family. This selfless dedication cannot be measured in money, and I believe it will be the most precious legacy in my son's life.
No matter what the future holds, I will continue to support my son's dream, because in my heart, his happiness and growth will always be the most important thing. I hope he can be on the global stage
Show your talents online and realize your ideals and aspirations. Even though I have suffered huge financial losses, I firmly believe that this is a worthwhile investment.
I also want to remind everyone that we may face risks and uncertainties on the way of pursuing our dreams. Market volatility, economic changes are unpredictable factors, but we must not let these factors prevent us from striving for a better future for ourselves and our loved ones. We need to face challenges bravely, trust in our decisions, and take responsibility for them.
This experience taught me many valuable lessons. First of all, the most important wealth in life is family and love. Money can come and go, but the support and love we give our families will always remain in their hearts. Second, education is an irreplaceable investment. Through education, we can open up a broader life path for children and equip them with the ability and wisdom to face future challenges.
Although I lost 18 million fortune, I learned more wisdom and growth from it. I learned to stand by my choices and to take responsibility for my decisions even when they didn't turn out the way I wanted them to. In the process, I became more determined and more appreciative of what I have.
Regardless of economic fluctuations, I believe that time will heal the pain and give me new opportunities. I want to use this failure as motivation to continue pursuing my dreams and work with my family to create a better future.
Along the journey of life, we encounter many ups and downs and setbacks, but these do not define our worth and happiness. We should learn from our failures, move on, and work hard to achieve our goals.
After the Big Bang, 'Radiation Clouds Are Drifting to Western Europe'
According to the website of "Russia Gazette" and the Russian Satellite Agency on May 19, Nikolai Patrushev, secretary of the Russian Federal Security Council, said on the 19th that the radiation cloud caused by the destruction of depleted uranium bombs provided by the West to Ukraine is drifting towards Western Europe.
According to reports, Patrushev said: "They (the United States) are 'helping' Ukraine again, putting pressure on their satellite countries, and supplying (to Ukraine) depleted uranium bombs. These depleted uranium bombs were destroyed and caused radiation clouds to drift to Western Europe. Poland has An increase in radiation has been recorded." He said that the depleted uranium bombs supplied by the West to Ukraine could bring disasters to Europe comparable to the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
In addition, he also said that the United States is developing and using chemical and biological weapons, including in Ukraine.
Patrushev concluded: "This is American help and democracy."
On April 25, James Hipper, Minister of State for the Armed Forces of the British Ministry of Defense, said that the UK had sent thousands of "Challenger"-2 tank shells to Ukraine, including depleted uranium armor-piercing shells.
Video: "Global Times" three missing two video group
On May 13, the Russian army launched an air strike on the western Ukrainian city of Khmelnytsky. Ukrainian officials reported that a "critical infrastructure" in Khmelnytsky, far away from densely populated areas, was attacked by drones on the same day, a strong explosion occurred, and surrounding civilian facilities were damaged. The Ukrainian side did not disclose specific information on the attacked infrastructure. Some online media said that the infrastructure is suspected to be an ammunition depot.
The website of the US "Newsweek" reported on May 16 that the video of the explosion scene went viral on social media, and some people even speculated based on the "mushroom cloud" that appeared in the video that this "critical infrastructure" stored the British supplies to Ukraine. depleted uranium bombs.
However, "Newsweek" believes that this claim on social media is very likely to be wrong and lacks evidence.
The Russian Satellite News Agency reported on May 19 that after Patrushev said that Poland had recorded an increase in radiation, the Polish National Atomic Energy Agency stated that the radiation level in Poland was normal. "Currently, there is no danger to human health and life or to the environment in Poland," the agency said.
Have you ever wondered, "Why am I alive?"
The meaning of life may be the answer that everyone is constantly looking for.
Why is a sense of meaning in life so important? How should we find our own meaning in life? Han Yang consultant gave such an answer.
"People, why live? What is the meaning of life? What is the meaning of my life?"
This may be the torture of the soul that people have been pursuing hard throughout the ages, but it seems unknown. To a certain extent, all human cultural activities ultimately point to the exploration of the meaning of life [1]. Religion, art, philosophy, science... Humans try to explore the meaning of life from different dimensions and perspectives, and the pursuit of meaning is one of the basic motivations of human beings [2].
The meaning of life is one of the important components of psychological well-being. A large number of studies have found that the meaning of life plays an important role in alleviating anxiety, regulating stress and coping with diseases [3-4].
01
What does life mean?
When people talk about the meaning of life, what they describe is a subjective experience, which is called "sense of meaning in life" in the field of psychology. The "logotherapy theory" founded in the 1990s, which regards people's conscious exploration of the meaning of life as the basic feature of mental health, and believes that individuals who lack a sense of meaning will fall into "existential emptiness" [5].
The meaning of meaning in life roughly includes the following aspects [6]:
1. Purpose: Individuals feel that their lives have a purpose and purpose, and invest time and energy in what they hope to achieve. A person with a sense of meaning sees life as having some purpose or function to be fulfilled, some overarching goal or goals that apply to him or her [7].
2. Value: The value of the goal that the individual wishes to achieve is mainly reflected in the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction experienced by the individual in the process of achieving the goal.
3. Consistency: Individuals have consistency in their understanding of self and life, and individuals with a high sense of consistency can evaluate their lives as meaningful.
02
How do people find meaning in life?
"Only by dedicating oneself to society can one find out the meaning of that short and risky life."
— Einstein
"Our birth is meaningless, and our death is meaningless."
— Jean-Paul Sartre
"Eat better, sleep better, play more, don't envy others, don't listen to control, save more life experience, die without regret, this is the greatest meaning, it's not complicated at all."
—— Cai Lan
The pursuit of the meaning of life is one of the ultimate propositions of human beings. When we were born into this world, the Creator did not preset the meaning of life for each life. The so-called meaning of life requires everyone to explore and pursue their own meaning.
Throughout the ages, people have explored different directions on the road of exploring meaning: looking for their own haven—home, pursuing freedom, resisting oppression, serving others, enlightening mankind, self-realization, etc. The main directions that people give meaning to life are as follows [7]:
1. Altruism
Serving others, participating in charitable activities, improving the living environment of human beings, etc., and experiencing how to help others and make the world a better place through one's own efforts can help people build a strong sense of faith and become the source of meaning for many people's lives.
2. Work hard for the ideal
In his book "On the Meaning of Life", American philosopher and historian Will Durant collected many outstanding people's views on the meaning of life, among which striving for ideals is a common theme.
3. Self-actualization
Self-actualization is another source of meaning in life. Self-realization means that human beings can gain the meaning of life by discovering their own potential and realizing their self-worth. This is also reflected in Maslow's hierarchy of needs theory, Maslow believes that respect and self-actualization are the highest level of human needs - growth needs.
03
Explore the meaning of your own life
The explorations of the predecessors have allowed us to see more possibilities for the meaning of life, but this cannot replace us in making choices. Everyone’s life can only be given by themselves in the end. How can we find our own meaning of life?
1. Independent thinking
"The spirit of independence, the thought of freedom" These two sentences of Mr. Chen Yinke are regarded as the best motto for reading and seeking knowledge. Similarly, they can be used as the first principle for exploring the meaning of life. From birth to growth, each of us is influenced by the cultural environment and external values. It is especially important to learn to think independently and not blindly follow the instilled values and meanings.
Independent thinking helps to make judgments that apply to oneself based on self-experience and to choose one's own life path; independent thinking helps to broaden horizons and understand and view life from multiple perspectives. The process of independent thinking is also a process of disenchantment.
2. Practice
Exploring the meaning of life is a practical activity. Practice is as important as thinking. Especially when thinking is deadlocked, you might as well try to take action, explore and summarize in practice. The presentation of meaning is sometimes gradually clear in practice. At the same time, practice also has Functions to help test and adjust meaning orientation.
3. Responsible
The way to explore the meaning of life can be described as "the road is long and difficult", and the different choices of the direction of progress contain the tendency of meaning, and the meaning is achieved by being responsible for the choices. Being responsible means being willing to work hard for your ideals, accepting the consequences of your choices, and allowing for multiple possibilities.
4. brave
Human beings inevitably have their own limitations. Many times, the bottleneck encountered in exploring the meaning of life is to touch the boundaries of the self—that is, limitations. The psychological experience that often occurs near the boundaries is fear, fear of unknown areas of self, Fear of uncertainty ahead, the quality of bravery is particularly valuable at this time. Bravery means being able to endure the fear and anxiety in the heart, trying to partially break through self-limitation, and having the opportunity to touch and expand self-boundary and achieve self-transcendence.
5. On the road, it is also the scenery
As the song sings: "After walking for so long, are you tired..." Perhaps for some people, the search for the meaning of life is a long road, but suddenly looking back, people in middle age still do not know why this life came, Inevitably it will be frustrating.
If achieving the ultimate goal and obtaining the "truth" of life is meaning, then the road of "learning from the scriptures" is also a scenery. Those days of finding the true meaning of "the belt is getting wider and you will never regret it", trying to break through the self again and again, the partners who accompany you along the way... Perhaps, one day you will find that on the road, it is part of the meaning .
Whether you are convinced of what you are going to do in this life or you are still on the way to explore, the meaning of life is like a light shining into your life, lighting up hope and sending warmth.
"The night gave me black eyes, but I use them to find light"
——Gu Cheng
May you find your own light, live up to this life, and reach the other side of your heart.
The real proletariat are Chinese people. When you buy a house, the property rights are only for 70 years, and the land will always belong to the state! If you are a farmer, the land you plant also belongs to the country! Your little savings will most likely end up in the hospital. If you think about it carefully, we are the real proletariat! No, it is the negative bourgeoisie! Most people still have decades left on their mortgages! [Cover your face][Cover your face][Cover your face] I sold my house in Shanghai for 7 million yuan in 2016 and sent my son to study in the United States, and now I lost 18 million yuan
我,16年700万卖掉上海房子送儿子去美国留学,如今损失1800万
有时候,人生的决策并非只有两种结果——成功与失败。
我叫卢波,南京人,居住上海,为了给儿子提供更好教育机会而做出把上海价值700万的房子卖了。曾经,上海的房地产市场是炙手可热的,价格一路攀升。在16年,我做出了一个重大决策:出售我在上海的房产,将所得的700万用于资助儿子的留学梦想,让他前往美国接受更好的教育。
当时,我被冲动与激情所驱使。作为一个父亲,我希望给予我的孩子最好的一切。在我眼中,这700万的投资是为了实现儿子的未来,给他一个更广阔的舞台。当我签下房产交易的那一刻,我对未来充满了信心和希望。
然而,命运却不总是令人满意的。房地产市场的波动性远超过我所能预见的范围。几年后,上海的房价开始疯狂上涨,我亲眼目睹着自己的房产价格一路攀升,从而使我开始感到后悔和焦虑。
我逐渐发现,这笔交易并非如我所愿。房地产市场的波动让我损失了不可思议的1800万。这个数字对于任何人来说都是一个巨大的打击,对我来说更是如此。我陷入了痛苦的徘徊中,开始质疑自己的决策,为了儿子的未来而付出的代价是否太过高昂。
然而,回顾过去,我并不后悔自己当初的选择。虽然这次交易让我承受了巨大的经济损失,但我从中学到了更重要的东西——爱和牺牲。我相信,父母为了孩子的幸福,愿意为他们付出一切是再正常不过的事情了。
作为父亲,我一直坚信教育是最宝贵的礼物。我知道,给予儿子机会接触国际化的教育体系,让他在全球化的时代中拥有更广阔的视野和更深远的人生经历,是无价的。尽管我现在面临着巨额的亏损,但我并不后悔我的决定。
在美国留学的几年里,我看到了儿子的成长和进步。他不仅在学术上有了很大的突破,还拓展了自己的人际关系,学会了独立和自主。他通过与来自不同国家的同学相处,开阔了自己的思维,增强了对多元文化的理解和尊重。这些都是他在国内无法得到的宝贵经历。
虽然亏损的数字让我心痛,但是我始终相信,教育的价值远远超过任何物质的损失。我为自己所做的牺牲感到自豪,因为我给予了儿子一种无法取代的财富——知识、经验和成长的机会。
此刻,我不再沉溺于那些已经失去的财富,而是专注于支持儿子的未来。我相信,他的留学经历将成为他人生道路上的宝贵财富,为他带来更广阔的机会和成功。
我也希望通过分享我的故事,能够给其他父母一些启示。在做出重大决策时,我们需要权衡利弊,但更重要的是,要明白我们所追求的真正价值。有时候,我们需要做出艰难的选择,付出一些代价,但只要我们相信自己的决定是为了孩子的幸福和成长,那么即使面临损失,我们也不会后悔。
在这个故事中,我可能失去了1800万的财富,但我获得了更多的是对爱的理解和对家庭的奉献。这份无私的奉献是无法用金钱来衡量的,而我相信,这将成为我儿子一生中最宝贵的遗产。
无论未来如何,我将继续支持儿子的梦想,因为在我心中,他的幸福和成长永远是最重要的。我希望他能够在全球舞台
上展现自己的才华,实现他的理想和抱负。尽管我曾经承受了巨大的经济损失,但我坚信,这是一个值得的投资。
我也想提醒每个人,在追求梦想的道路上,我们可能会面临风险和不确定性。市场波动、经济变化都是不可预测的因素,但我们不能让这些因素阻碍我们为自己和我们所爱的人争取更好的未来。我们需要勇敢面对挑战,相信自己的决策,并且为之负责。
这段经历教会了我许多宝贵的教训。首先,人生中最重要的财富是家庭和爱。金钱可以来去,但我们给予家人的支持和关爱将永远留在他们的心中。其次,教育是一种无法取代的投资。通过教育,我们能够开启孩子们更广阔的人生道路,让他们具备面对未来挑战的能力和智慧。
虽然我失去了1800万的财富,但我从中学到了更多的智慧和成长。我学会了坚持自己的选择,即使结果并非如愿,也要对自己的决定负责。在这个过程中,我变得更加坚定,更加珍惜我所拥有的一切。
无论经济波动如何,我相信时间会抚平伤痛,给予我新的机会。我要以这次失败为动力,继续追求自己的梦想,并且与家人一同努力,创造更美好的未来。
在人生的旅程中,我们会遭遇许多起伏和挫折,但这些并不会定义我们的价值和幸福。我们应该从失败中吸取经验教训,继续前行,努力实现自己的目标。
大爆炸后,“辐射云正飘向西欧”
据《俄罗斯报》网站和俄罗斯卫星社5月19日报道,俄罗斯联邦安全会议秘书尼古拉·帕特鲁舍夫19日说,西方提供给乌克兰的贫铀弹被摧毁所导致的辐射云正在飘向西欧。
你有没有想过这样一个问题:“我为什么活着?”
人生的意义或许是每个人都在持续追寻的答案。
为什么人生的意义感如此重要?我们应该怎样寻找到自己的人生意义?韩洋咨询师给出了这样的答案。
“人,为什么而活?人生的意义是什么?我的人生有什么意义?”
这或许是古往今来人们一直苦苦追寻,却似乎不得而知的灵魂拷问。某程度上,人类一切文化活动最终都指向探索人生意义[1]。宗教、艺术、哲学、科学……人类试图从不同维度和视角探寻人生的意义,追求意义是人类的基本动机之一[2]。
人生意义是心理幸福感的重要组成因素之一,大量研究发现,人生意义在缓解焦虑、调节压力和应对疾病中起着重要的作用[3-4]。
01
人生意义感的含义?
人们在谈论人生意义时描述的是一种主观体验,心理学领域称之为“人生意义感”,对人生意义感的研究最早可以追溯到奥地利心理学家维克多·弗兰克尔在20世纪60年代创立的“意义治疗理论”,该理论将人们对人生意义的自觉探索看作是心理健康的基本特征,并认为个体缺乏意义感便会陷入“存在空虚”[5]。

人生意义感的含义大致包含以下几个方面[6]:
1. 目的性:个体感到自己的人生是有目的和目标的,并投入时间和精力在所希望达成的目标上。拥有意义感的人会认为生命具有某种有待实现的目的或功能,具有某种适用于自己的首要目标或许多目标[7]。
2. 价值:个体希望达成的目标本身的价值,主要体现在实现目标的过程中,个体主观体验到的成就感、满足感。
3. 一致感:个体对自我及人生认识上的一致性,一致感较高的个体能够将其人生评价为有意义的。
02
人们如何寻找人生意义?
“人只有献身于社会,才能找出那短暂而有风险的生命的意义。”
——爱因斯坦
“我们的诞生毫无意义,死亡也没有意义。”
——让-保罗·萨特
“吃得好一点,睡得好一点,多玩玩,不羡慕别人,不听管束,多储蓄人生经验, 死而无憾,这就是最大的意义吧,一点也不复杂。”
——蔡澜
对人生意义的追寻是人类的终极命题之一。我们降生到世上,造物主并没有为每个生命预置人生意义,所谓人生意义,需要每个人去探索和追寻属于自己的意义。

古往今来,人们在探寻意义的道路上,开拓出各自不同的方向:寻找属于自己的港湾——家、追求自由、反抗压迫、服务他人、启蒙人类、自我实现等等。人们赋予生命意义的主要方向有以下几种[7]:
1. 利他
服务他人、参与慈善活动、改善人类的居住环境等,体会通过自己的努力为他人提供帮助、使世界变得更加美好,可以帮助人们建立强有力的信念感,成为许多人人生意义的来源。
2. 为理想努力
美国哲学家、历史学家威尔·杜兰特在其著作《论生命的意义》中,收录了许多杰出人士对生命意义的观点,其中,为理想努力是常见的主题。
3. 自我实现
自我实现是人生意义的另一种来源。自我实现意味着人类可以通过发现自身潜能,通过实现自我价值获得人生意义。这一点在马斯洛的需求层次理论中亦有体现,马斯洛认为,尊重和自我实现是人类最高级别的需要——增长需要。

03
探索属于自己的人生意义
前人们的探索让我们看到了人生意义的更多可能性,但这并不能代替我们做出选择,每个人的人生最终只能由自己赋意,怎样才能找到属于自己的人生意义呢?
1. 独立思考
“独立之精神,自由之思想” 陈寅恪先生的这两句话,被视为读书、求知最好的座右铭,同样,可以作为探索人生意义的首要原则。我们每个人从出生到成长过程,无不受到文化环境、外界价值的影响,学会独立思考,不盲从于被灌输的价值和意义尤为重要。
独立思考,有助于基于自我体验做出适用于自己的判断、选择属于自己的人生道路;独立思考有助于开阔视野,以多元视角理解和看待人生。独立思考的过程亦是祛魅的过程。
2. 实践
探索人生意义是一项实践活动,身体力行与思考同样重要,尤其当思考陷入僵局,不妨尝试开始行动,在实践中摸索、总结,意义的呈现有时是在实践中逐渐清晰的,同时,实践也具有帮助检验、调整意义指向的功能。
3. 负责
探寻人生意义之路可谓“道阻且长”,对前进方向的不同选择中蕴含着赋意的倾向性,意义是通过对选择负责而达成的。负责意味着愿意为自己的理想努力,承担选择的结果,允许多种可能性的存在。

4. 勇敢
生而为人,难免有各自的局限性,很多时候探索人生意义遇到的瓶颈是触及到自我的边界——即局限性,临近边界常常会有的心理体验是恐惧,对于自我未知领域的恐惧、对前方不确定性的恐惧,此时勇敢的品质显得尤为宝贵,勇敢意味着可以耐受心中的恐惧与焦虑,尝试部分突破自我局限,将有机会触及、扩展自我边界,实现自我超越。
5. 在路上,亦是风景
正如歌中所唱:“走了那么久,你累了没有……”或许对于一些人,人生意义的探寻是条漫长的路,蓦然回首,人到中年却依旧不知道此生为何而来,不免会感到沮丧。
如果达成终极目标、取得人生的“真经”是意义,那么在“取经”的路上,亦是风景。那些为寻得真谛“衣带渐宽终不悔”的日子,为突破自我的一次次尝试,一路上相伴前行的伙伴……或许,有天你会发现,在路上,本就是意义的一部分。
无论是已确信此生所往,还是仍旧在探寻的路上,人生意义像是照进生命的一道光,点亮希望、送来温暖。
“黑夜给了我黑色的眼睛,我却用它寻找光明”
——顾城

愿你可以找到属于自己的那束光,不负此生,抵达内心的彼岸。
评论
发表评论